Without some training, or at least a good level of fitness, hiking from the top to the bottom of the Gran Canyon is hard work.
This is not a hike to do in only 1 day, at it takes between four and five hours to reach the river and about eight hours to get back to the top.
Easy hike in the Grand Canyon
There are easier hikes in the Grand Canyon that can be done in 1 day.
- South Rim: to Shoshone Point – 2.1 miles, 130 feet of elevation. 1/ 1.5 hours
- South Rim: Kaibab Trail to Ooh Aah Point – 1.8 miles, 692 feet of elevation, 1/1.5 hours
- Noth Rim: Wildforss – 9 miles, 1,036 feet of elevation, 4 /5 hours
- Noth Rim: Cape Royal Trail – 1 mile, 65 feet of elevation, 30minutes/1 hour
- North Rim: North Kaibab Trail to Coconino Overlook – 1.3 miles, 465 feet of elevation, 1 hour